Tuesday 6 December 2011

Shayne Stevenson NHLer at 18.

As a young boy growing up in Canada, l can still remember watching Hockey Night in Canada every Saturday night with my family.  Like most other children that played hockey around the world my dream was to play in the National Hockey League one day.  At the tender age of nineteen, my dream became a reality I played my first game in the NHL.  I remember saying to myself as I was walking onto the ice that night in Boston Bruins famous black and gold road uniforms.  I had to be the luckiest kid in the world right now!!!  My first NHL exhibition game was against the Montreal Canadians and my first NHL league game was against the Minnesota North Stars.

My hockey background went as follows,
First round draft pick of the London Knights,  6th overall  in the Ontario Hockey League midget draft.
First round draft pick of the Boston Bruins, 17th overall in the National Hockey League draft.
Ninth Picked Forward in the world in the 1993 Expansion Draft to the  Tampa Bay Lightning organization. 

As you can see for yourself, that I was drafted in the first round of every possible hockey draft on Planet Earth…. Not bad for a kid who grew up in a small town of Aurora, Ontario at the time with a population of 10,000 people playing single “A” hockey.  Even after being a first-round draft choice and playing in the NHL. I can honestly say, l still have to work today…. 

As a young hockey family, ask yourself this question:  How could a first round draft choice of the NHL not be able to retire after his playing days are over???  The truth is in Professional Hockey this happens all the time.  I can only say one thing looking back now on my professional hockey career. If only l knew the business side of professional hockey like l know it now, l would be worth $20 million dollars more today. I want you as a parent and player to always keep this in mind at all times when reading my hockey manual. About how to protect your son from the business side of professional hockey.  During your son’s journey towards a career as a professional hockey player young hockey families will be faced with life changing hockey decisions that will affect your son’s life, for the rest of his life… If not directed properly his hockey journey towards one day of playing in the NHL will soon be over.... This is why, I put together this blog, I’m going to show young hockey families how to protect their son from hitting every pot hole in the road along the way... .

My hockey manual was written after I retired from playing professional hockey.... I figured this was the best way I could give back to the hockey community around the world.. This hockey manual I put together is worth millions of dollars to your son.  I have laid out the safest route to the National Hockey League for your son to take.  I’m going to show your family in this blog and my hockey manual how to miss all the pot holes that I hit in my career.  In most importantly… “Never let the game of hockey use your son… Your son always uses the game of hockey” 
( Stay Tune… More valuable hockey information to come in the near future on how to protect your son from the business side of hockey.... My hockey manual will be available to your family to invest in in the near future, just copy righting the book at this moment in time...)

No comments:

Post a Comment